Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Human. What does it mean?!


What does it means to be human? What makes us human? Why did we begin on Earth and how?

There are many different thoughts on how humans arrived on Earth but the top two are that God created man and women and the theory that humans have evolved from apes. Many people believe that God created man and women but that’s based off of faith and religion not facts. Others believe that humans have evolved from apes because humans have many characteristics that apes have and that human bones look very similar to ape bones. Also there is evidence from an english naturalist named Charles Darwin. Thats why the theory of man evolving from apes is called the Charles Darwin Theory.

I’m on both sides. I do believe that God created man and women but there are just no facts or evidence to prove it. Also I believe that man did come from apes and they just evolved over time but at the same time the question that no one can answer is where did the apes come from? People that have strong opinions on this topic tend to very much disagree with ones that don’t believe with what they believe so there is a big controversy over which side is right. Scientist still do not know which side is correct and we might never know.

I don’t know what it means to be a human. Its means different things to different people. It’s all about what you think and how you feel about it. For me it means that I was put on this place for a reason and I don’t know that reason yet but hopefully one day I will. I was always taught that everyone on planet Earth was put here for a reason and a purpose. I personally want to know what that purpose is so I can plan my life to accomplish that goal/reason. Humans have grown and evolved in the past 100 years. I think that in the next 100 years that humans will evolve and grown even more that we could ever image.

Many people believe that the human race is this awful thing and that the more time goes on the more stupid and dependent on things we get which is true. Well we’re not getting more stupid but we are getting more dependent on things like technology(cell phones, ipods, ipads, computers etc.) But back 3,000 years ago were dependent upon food, supplies and man but that was until we discovered fire. Once we discovered fire then man became less dependent on the supplies because we had on supply that could be used for many different things. I think in the present, humans take advantage of the thing we have. Like fire, water, technology etc. I wish I could visit back then to see how difficult or easy it was to live without any of those things and have to fend for myself.



Over all I don’t know what it means to be a human. Its all up to you on what it means.

1 comment:

  1. An excellent post in many regards. I would like to see you introduction be more robust and the evidence you use to defend your thesis (What is your thesis?) can you underline this....may be able to be more robust. Have you seen the seminal entries on Hominid Evolution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution Can you quote Origins of the Species by Charles Darwin? Dig deeper and use sources to lend strength to you argument. You also weave spirituality and science into this post. Can the two stand side by side? Can you provide evidence for the spirituality piece?

    All interesting conversation and would love to here your thoughts....

    ReplyDelete